A simple sensor-based discharge control for constant flows
Not all sewer network systems require intelligent and flexible discharge controls. Very often these ‘Real Time Control’ systems are only considered following increased industrial or housing development within the catchment which will increase the hydraulic loading of the system and raise the risk of flooding. Any control system considered should be adjustable to provide a robust solution for the years ahead.
The EasySlide discharge control unit can be retrofitted into existing foul and surface water systems. The system permits a maximum pass forward flow rate (Qab) to be set within the control programme to regulate the flow passing downstream. This flow rate can be adjusted as future circumstances require.
The EasySlide discharge control mechanism consists of a calibrated special slide valve in combination with an electrically powered actuator. The control programme drives the slide valve open or closed to increase or decrease the orifice to maintain a constant flow rate. This is computed from measuring the upstream water level via a single transducer. The pass forward flow rate (Qab) can be adjusted by inputting a new value into the control programme.
The EasySlide discharge control unit is easily upgradeable to the ElectroSlide control regulator if an automatic blockage routine is required by installing a second transducer on the downstream side of the control unit to ensure flow is passing through.
- simple operation
- constant discharge control
- 10-stage, local set point adjustment
- without sole jump
- mountable above or below the water level
- no media contact of the measuring system
- robust, stainless steel design
- retrofittable connection to remote control system
- overflow measurement retrofittable with data logger
- optional GSM detector
- Cost and space-saving since measurement constructions and settling areas are not necessary
- retrofittable in shafts and basins