The cost-effective and reliable solution
for keeping misroutes out of stormwater canals
The transportation of wastewater in stormwater canals happens all too frequently. In most cases this is caused by wrongly or badly connected sewage pipes in separate sewer systems. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to localize the source of spillage or to repair the pipe network.
In addition, street drains and private surface water drains carry contamination into the rain water pipe. Receiving rivers and lakes are polluted to a larger extent than is legal causing complaints, warnings and reports to the water authorities. In the past, expensive stormwater settling tanks were built as a partial solution to the problem but brought only limited cleaning effects.
With the HydroSwitch®, Steinhardt provides a safe, tried and tested system to remove waste flows from the rain water pipe by diverting the waste flow automatically to the sewage pipe.
The Steinhardt HydroSwitch® is a clever combination of simple construction (shaft in stormwater canal) and durable Steinhardt stainless steel components. Extremely effective and very economical!
Die HydroSwitch® Sewage Switch
- safe and continuous diversion of waste streams to the treatment plant, external energy-free
- protects receiving waters from pollution
- tried and tested
- an alternative to expensive stormwater tanks
- safeguards stormwater inlets, reducing operator risks
- awarded the Ernst Kunze Inventors‘ Award
- extremely low investment expenses compared to stormwater settling tanks
- self-operating with no additional operational expenses
- low space requirements
- requires no external power source
- highly variable design
- for use in new or existing separate sewerage pipe systems
- local fitting in existing or new stormwater canals