Intelligent discharge control system
high precision – from 5-5000 l/s –
Modern sewer networks require intelligent and flexible discharge controls. Measured data must be readily available and values such as Qab configurable by remote control. The system technology must be inexpensive for retrofit. Only robust and precise systems are suitable for modern wastewater conditions.
Exact flows, variable Qab settings, remote control, high operational safety, etc. call for intelligent PLC-programmed systems like that of the ElectroSlide Flow Regulator, with upstream control and requiring little space for retrofit in existing shafts.
The ElectroSlide Flow Regulatoris a calibrated special penstock with actuator, universally applicable for installation upstream or downstream. With high precision the valve control – see illustration on the left – calculates the impounding level of the water for the Qab slide position. Within the framework of permissible parameters Qab is infinitely adjustable even by remote control. In the following shaft, where the flow is steady, a second sensor measures the water level in the discharge channel. When plugging occurs, the ElectroSlide Flow Regulatoropens the valve gradually. Obstructions larger than the valve opening trigger alarm (optional as GSM signal). Canal flushing can be activated using calculated impounding and subsequent full opening of the ElectroSlide Flow Regulator.
A CP communications processor with ethernet interface is optional for connection to the control centre.
- constant flow regulation
- open, freely programmable PLC control
- plugging recognition and clearance
- no sole jump
- exact flow control, even with backwater
- infinitely variable setpoint adjustment, also in situ
- remote control terminals included
- upstream or downstream installation
- measuring system has no media contact
- robust stainless-steel design
- optional crest measurement
- optional discharge measurement
- optional data logger
- optional GSM detector
- cost and space-saving as no measurement construction or settling area is necessary
- retrofittable in shafts and basins
- flushes channels
- integrated flood protection